Business Counseling NY
Knowledgeable Legal and Business Advisor Protects Your Business Interests in Rochester New York
The cornerstone of any successful business is firm foundational documents that set out the expectations and agreements of the parties. You will need various types of contracts to assist you with almost every aspect of your business. The experienced legal team at The Law Offices of Ronald J. Axelrod & Associates, P.C. in Rochester, New York is prepared to structure agreements and contracts customized to assist you and your business and provide you with sound legal (and business) advice tailored to the particular needs of your business.
Importance of Written Agreements
When conducting business, you will have dealings with many other parties, including vendors, suppliers, other businesses, employees, customers and clients. Written agreements memorialize the terms of business transactions and establish clear responsibilities and expectations. These agreements document business arrangements and establish the rights and obligations of the parties involved in the transaction. These documents are critical when there is a disagreement between the parties. Often, parties (or their attorneys) will decide to go to court or settle based on these documents.
Types of Business Agreements We Assist With
Our experienced legal team can prepare a variety of business agreements to memorialize your understanding and the responsibilities of parties who do business with you. Some of the most commonly-requested documents we prepare include:
- Business sale/purchase agreements – These agreements set out the terms of buying or selling a business.
- Buy/sell agreements – When forming a business, it is best to consider how to handle the departure of a founding owner. This agreement will discuss the process when a business partner dies, is forced out of the business, retires or voluntarily chooses to leave the business.
- Operating agreements – Operating agreements provide specific details regarding how your business will operate and how the owners will get paid.
- Shareholder agreements – These documents establish the rights of the shareholders of your company.
- Partnership agreements – You may choose to form a legal partnership with others. Having a clear agreement in place can help avoid confusion or misunderstandings in the future
- Non-disclosure agreements – You will want to protect the intellectual property of your business, and a non-disclosure agreement can accomplish this objective.
- Licensing agreements – You may want to take advantage of another business’ intellectual property or license out your own through a comprehensive licensing agreement.
- Employment agreements – Employment agreements state the terms between you and your employees and ensure that you are abiding by relevant laws and regulations. They will also provide a process as to how and when you can fire employees.
- Lease agreements– We can negotiate, draft or review a commercial lease agreement for any lease that is part of your business, whether it is for real estate or equipment..
Contact an Experienced Business Advisor for Help with Your Forming or operating your business
If you need assistance with negotiating, drafting or reviewing contracts or legal advice for a legal matter concerning your business, contact a skilled legal advisor in Rochester New York at The Law Offices of Ronald J. Axelrod & Associates, P.C. We help structure your transactions so that your business interests are protected and we will assist you with the preparation of all necessary documents. We work closely with our clients so that we can play an active role in the drafting and negotiating of contracts of significance to their business. We are always there to act as an advisor to our clients on all matters relating to their business. When we can’t help them, we know where to refer them to get this advice. We also act as a virtual Board of Directors for our clients. Contact us today to schedule a confidential consultation with a highly-qualified Rochester, NY business lawyer.