Sell Your Business Today
Experienced Rochester New York Business Lawyer Protects Your Interests During the Purchase and Sale of Your Business
EFFECTIVELY REPRESENTING SELLERS OF EXISTING BUSINESSES:
When you are considering selling your business it is vital that you have skilled legal representation on your side. At The Law Offices of Ronald J. Axelrod & Associates, P.C. in Rochester, New York, our dedicated legal team focuses on providing an effective process in selling your business that minimizes your risk and maximizes the benefits to your business. When selling a business it is our goal to make sure you receive everything you bargained for and then structure the transaction with the most favorable tax consequences possible.
Diligently Representing Business Clients with Every Aspect of the Sale Process
Our trusted attorneys can help you with all aspects of the sale of your business, including:
- Creating documents that explain the benefits of your business and appeal to possible buyers, while maintaining your confidential information.
- Making recommendations to enhance the overall value of your business before you place it on the market.
- Determining the best ways to structure the transaction.
- Reviewing and evaluating offers, including identifying the benefits and risks of potential offers
- Assist in the due diligence process, including completing any necessary disclosures, resolving environmental concerns and tax matters, including sales tax issues.
- Obtaining proof as to clear title of assets being sold.
- Working closely with other professionals, including accountants, lenders, financial advisors and business brokers.
- Preparing necessary documents to complete the sales process.
- Attending closing and preparing post-closing documentation of the sale.
Our Rochester, NY business lawyers will help you with every aspect of the sales process in order to facilitate a smooth transition of your business so that the interruption to your business is minimal. Our dedicated legal team has assisted many Rochestarians in successfully selling their business.
EFFECTIVELY REPRESENTING PURCHASERS OF EXISTING BUSINESSES:
Our experienced team of business lawyers can help assure clients when buying a business that the representations made by a seller are correct and that the business makes the profits the seller represents. It is also critical to have proof of the proper legal formation of the seller, that all of its taxes are current, that there aren’t liens against the assets being purchased, as well as a host of conditions that must be met or cured before a closing can take place.
Financing is always critical in the purchase of any business. We routinely help clients with obtaining bank financing and dealing with the requirements of The Small Business Administration.
We assist our clients with liquor license applications as well as zoning applications and negotiating leases.
In addition we offer a full range of business brokerage services through our affiliate Transworld Business Advisors of Buffalo, serving the entire Western New York area including Rochester, Buffalo, Niagara Falls and Batavia. Please check out our website to see the complete list of services we provide as well as a listing of our businesses for sale
If you are considering purchasing a business, please call our office for a complimentary review of your situation.